Windows 98 is the OS that is manufactured by the Developer Team of Microsoft in 1998. This OS is the most famous release in Windows 9x family. Windows 98 is the successor version of the Windows 95. This new OS is launched with its latest enhanced features. This OS is compatible with both of the 32-bit and 64-bit OS. It has come with its more enhanced features like easy to use, easy to install and more secure operating system as compared to previous versions such as Windows 95 etc. This OS also supports FAT 32 file System that may available as in previous systems but now it comes with enhanced storage capacity up to 2TB.
This OS has been come to market in with its new and enhanced applications. This Operating System provides its users internal support on almost 2000 hardware devices. When this OS is being tested for different technology software it has passed the test of compatibility of more than 3000 trending software at that time. So, system hardware run more reliably and efficiently under Windows 98 OS environment. Its main function is to perform the automatic download of device drivers and also done automatic system security updates. It comes in the market mainly in two versions. It provides users Internet-Based Applications that may include Outlook Express. Now you can scan and restore missing system files using System File Checker feature.
The second update in Windows 98 comes with great features. Some of these are improved Windows Driver Model, Wake on LAN support and also composed of improved USB support. This operating system also included DirectX 9.0, Remote Desktop Connection and also consisting outstanding Text Services Framework. It is also introducing its users NetShow Player that is replaced by Windows Media Player later.
- It composes more attractive user-friendly interface as compared to Windows 95.
- Windows 95 can work with highly focus on Web integration.
- It is introducing Internet-Based Applications that may include Outlook Express,
- Windows Address Book and enhanced Internet Explorer.
- It is the continuation OS of the Windows 95 Operating system.
- File Support System has been more enhanced and now has support storage up to 2TB.
- It should include Wake on LAN support and also composed of mass storage device support.
- System File Checker feature is now added that purpose is to scan and restore missing system files.
- Windows Driver Model concept is being introduced in this operating system.
- It has brand new self-maintained and updated functions that may be loved by the users.
- Latest Web Integration features are added to this operating system.
- New enhanced Internet Explorer 4.1 is being added to this OS.
- It now provides its user’s more enhanced hardware as like MMX and AGP.
- Enhanced Diskspace Cleanup Manager is being included.
- This Operating system also has done new enhanced networking support.
- Windows 95 also consisting resolved more security issues that are accruing in Windows 95.
- This OS composed of MS-DOS based booting system.