Slackware 14.2 Free Download is developed by Patrick Volkerding, which is a Linux distribution. It is a free open-source operating system which is making wonders for a long time. Gradually the bugs and errors get identified and the developer fixed those issue to make a better-performing operating system. Simplicity, stability, and flexibility are the declared themes of Slackware. Only the addition of proven and tested software to the release makes it stable for the users. With its simplicity, Slackware simply configures things and configure them in the same way the user wants. The flexibility of the release makes it supportive towards the running of the reliable web, FTP, and email servers. The advance version also encourages the old computer by letting the boot prompt of Slackware to enter specific parameters.
The system is super handy and fast because all you need is a 486 with 64MB RAM processor which is very easily available on any personal computer. Slackware is the open-source operating system. It takes a long time to develop as before stable versions it was released in the beta version. there are tools that will update your system to the latest release that is Slackware 14.2. There is also the documentation and release notes that will guide you about the new features and previous functions enhancement. One important change in this operating system was the removal of the MYSQL database and exchange the database with MariaDB. As this is the current release of the database and a more stable and fast performing database.
- Need a 486 with 64MB RAM.
- Clean and configurable.
- Open source and free Linux distribution system.
- Stability, and latest version release that is 14.2 in the market after complete testing.
- Flexibility, and can install new software applications in it easily.
- Experience, as it is one of the old operating systems, the teamwork on the project for a long time and fixes all of the issues, bugs, then release the new stable version in the market for the users.
- Humanity, and graphical user interface, with highly interactive HCI.
- Can install package whichever you need.
- Complete installation guide provided also.
- forums, and books for guidance.
- complete support from the Slackware team to the user.