MikroTik RouterOS is an Operating system which is based on Linux Kernal. Latvian company was founded in 1996 which is owned by this operating system. Latvian company developed wireless ISP systems and routers. They are providing software with hardware for internet connectivity. It is only for standard 32-bit based architecture. It can convert your system into the router. The feature of MikroTik RouterOS is the VPN server, router, bandwidth manager, firewall, wireless access point functions, etc. It will support many applications like Multiprotocol Label Switching (VPLS/MPLS), OSPF, BGP, Open Flow.
You can use Winbox configurations for the connection. As well you can connect through web-based GUI or WebFig by accessing to it. This is a great tool that is loaded with basic web configuration tool. All these features are available with the quick installation you just need to install the operating system on your PC. It has a very simple user interface which is really easy to understand and learn the usage for the newbie. It allows you to save your work backup it is very helpful to save your work.
MikroTik RouterOS Features
- It is a totally Linux Kernel-based Operating system.
- Owned by Latvian company.
- It can change your System into the Router.
- You can enjoy these features VPN server, router, bandwidth manager, firewall, wireless access point functions, etc.
- It will support many applications like Multiprotocol Label Switching (VPLS/MPLS), OSPF, BGP, Open Flow.
- Winbox configurations can use for the connection.
- It allows you to connect to it by accessing the Web-based GUI (Web Fig).
- This is loaded with basic web configuration tool.
- It has a very easy and quick installation process.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- Very neat and clean user interface.
- You can save your work with the backup saving feature.