|Title:||Java Development Kit 10.0.2|
|Added On||August 10, 2017|
|Updated On||March 26, 2020 10:12 pm|
|Category:||Development Tools, Utilities|
|Operating System:||Windows 10, 8.1, 7|
JDK is the development tool software application. It stands for Java Development Kit. It is developed by Oracle Corporation. Also, It is under the Sun License and also the General Public License. So it is free to use by anyone to download and install for any purpose. The source code is also open and available to the software is freeware. It supports Solaris, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. The latest version of JDK is released on 17 October 2017 that is JDK 9.0.1. It is also known as the software development environment. This contains the bundle of software components.
Some of the major components of the software development environment are JRE stands for Java Runtime Environment, Java that runs, interpret the code, JavaC that is java compiler, development tools, libraries, and JVM that means Java virtual machine. The main purpose of JDK is required and to help the java programs on the computer system. Workflow example of JDK is a simple source code sample.java it will send to the Java compiler that is JavaC will compile and convert it into the Java bytecode and make another file like sample.class. This sample file will then send to the JVM this will execute the program.
- It has introduced the new method that is for each loop, which was not present before in java.
- Default and static keywords are used that implements the ForEach() method, So multiple interfaces are created.
- Functional interfaces are newly introduced in Java 8.
- The java stream API is introduced that supports bulk data operations.
- We know in java the data, time, and the calendar was difficult to work in Java, So the Java 8 introduces the new Time and Date functions.
- The new update has improved API’s overall.
- The Jave input and output are improved.
- It improves the performance, has more storage in a list, arrays, etc.
- It improves the security of the application, privileges, and other parameters.
- JDBC, Network, Hotspot, Java DB, Java XML, Date-Time, scripting, Deployment, all are improved and perform in a better way.