GIMP 2.10.10 stands for the GNU Image Manipulation program. As the name suggests, GIMP is a graphics editor and users can manipulate the graphics images through this program in many interesting ways. GIMP enables the users to retouch, edit and do the free form drawing while switching between specialized tasks and various image formats. The first version of GIMP, 0.54 was first released in 1996. After this first public release, GIMP began to get quickly adopted by users and a community was formed with the joint collaboration of many contributors. This community started to develop tutorials and artwork. They also started to share workflows and the techniques to manipulate the image more effectively.
The functions: GIMP is a very good free photo editor and it can be acquired with a vast array of quality functions so users can work easily as a professional on their images. Users can fine-tune the images, and also create their personal artwork from scratch. GIMPA has multiple layers, a variety of brushes that can be customized greatly, various filters and automatic tools to enhance the images. GIMP supports a big number of plugins. Some of these plugins are pre-installed while others are available online so users can download them separately.
The above-mentioned community of contributors who are always active ensures that GIMP goes through continuous development for more and more enhanced functionality. Moreover, due to the active and prompt responses of this community, any bug or flaw that appears in the program is immediately squished effectively. All this adds up to provide a really awesome photo editor which is free and superior to many other commercial programs. GIMP can be used as a free alternative to other Photoshop. The readers sometimes think that as GIMP is a free program then it must have some lacking in terms of features which is not true. In fact, it has enough competitive features to give competition to any photo-editing application that is available at high rates in the market.
GIMP is available with a wide range of montage features that provide numerous ways to users in which They can retouch their images by reducing surround sound, cropping the picture, adjusting the colors, using customizable brushes, aligning the gradients and by using many other features. Even the most proficient users will find some advanced features according to their level in GIMP such as layer masks, filters, curves, and enhanced animation package. The interface of GIMP is another plus point for the program. It is very customizable so users can work in their desired atmosphere. The contributing community of GIMP has produced a plethora of highly useful and quality plugins that are available to users for free download. Moreover, GIMP comes with many tutorials and users can find loads of support and assistance from the active and cooperative contributors of the GIMP community.
- GIMP is a high-quality program of photo manipulation with the tools to provide high quality and intriguing manipulation techniques that fulfill editing functions from retouching to the function of restoring. There is no limit to the things you can do with your images.
- Original Artwork can be made when the user uses GIMP to create his or her own drawing or image. GIMP has many tools that provide enough flexibility to users so they can create their personal images and also transform the saved images into unique creations.
- Graphic Design Elements of GIMP are used to produce icons, design elements and artwork for components of user interface and mockups.
- Programming Algorithms in GIMP provide a quality framework to manipulate the images through scripts. It is done by the support of multiple language programs including C, C++, Python, Perl, Scheme, and many more.
- Top-notch color adjustment is provided by GIMP features which enables the users to reproduce high-fidelity color across printed and digital media. It is most suitably utilized in the workflows that involve other free apps including Inkscape, Scribus, and SwatchBooker.
- Extensibility & Flexibility GIMP integrates with many programming languages, plugins, and customizable tools which provide extensibility and flexibility to manipulate images.