Audacity 2.3.2 is an open-source free digital audio editor plus an application that efficiently records audio as well. It runs on almost all the widely used operating systems including Windows, OSx, macOS, and Unix. Audacity took its launch in the second half of 1999 by Roger Dannenberg and Dominic Mazzoni at Carnegie Mellon University. It is developed and distributed under GNU and GPL (General Public License). In May 2009 it was fully in the market as Audacity version 0.8. By 10th October 2011, Audacity was recorded as an 11th most downloaded app on a famous downloading site with 76.5 million of downloads. By 2015 its popularity was increased some more and is still maintaining one of the top positions among the apps of its genre
What’s in Audacity: Audacity is completely free and easy to use application which is efficient in editing multi-track audios and recording on all the popular and most used operating systems. The user-friendly interface is capable of being translated into various languages. Applications such as Audacity are termed as open-source software, due to the availability of their source code for everyone and anyone who want to study or use it. Audacity not only records audio from various sources but it is also used to post-process every type of audio by adding sound effects including trimming, fading out, fading in and normalization. Audacity is also capable of recording and mixing the complete album. It is being used in the OCR national ICT course of level 2 in the UK for a unit that deals with sound creation.
- Record real-time audio.
- Record playback computer audio on Windows Vista or above operating systems.
- Convert records and tapes into digital CDs and recordings.
- Capable of editing various file formats including WAV, FLAC, AIFF, MP2s, MP3s, and Ogg Vorbis.
- AC3, WMA, M4A, M4R (AAC) and other audio formats are supported through optional libraries.
- The option of the splice, cut, copy and mix sounds together.
- Numerous sound effects can be added such as changing the pitch or speed of the recording.
- Four themes that can be selected by users so the users can work on their desired look of the application.
- Four colorways can be selected to display a waveform pattern in audio tracks.
- Record time so the users can schedule the start and end of recording in their absence.
- The functions of cut, copy, paste and undo can be repeated for unlimited levels.
- Modern features such as navigation controls, single-track editing, zoom, XY project navigation, Project pane, destructive and non-destructive and etc.
- Audacity utilizes the software library of wxWidgets to provide a uniform graphical user interface on various operating systems.
- A large variety of plugins and digital effects to choose from. Moreover, user can work with additional effects by writing them with a lisp dialect Nyquist.
- Built-in support for plugins including LADSPA, VST, and Nyquist.
- Noise Reduction is done on the bases of sampling the noise which is to be minimized.
- Vocals can be reduced or isolated to create solo vocal and karaoke tracks.
- Audio pitch can be adjusted during maintenance of speed, while audio speed can be maintained during maintenance of pitch.
- LADSPA, audio Unit (macOS/OS X]) and VST (32-bit) effects support live preview.
- Saves and loads user preset to set effect across sessions.
- Support multi-channel modes along with sampling rates till 96 kHz and 32 bits for each sample.
- Analyze Audio spectrum through a Fourier transform algorithm.
- Detects dropout errors during recording in overburdened CPUs.
- Besides the English language, the Audacity graphical user interface can be translated into Arabic, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Basque, traditional and simple Chinese, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Danish, French, Finnish, Galician, Greek, German, Hungarian, Italian, Irish, Japanese, Norwegian Lithuanian, Macedonian, Romanian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Russian, Spanish, Slovenian, Ukranian, Swedish, Turkish Welsh.
- The forum of Audacity provides technical support in multiple languages such as Spanish, Russian, French. and German.
|Added On||July 11, 2019|
|Updated On||September 21, 2019 1:38 am|
|License Type:||Open Source|
|Operating System:||Windows 7,8.1, & 10.|
|Developers:||Audacity Development Team|