WampServer 3.1.9 is the FTP application. It is developed by Romain Bourdon. The latest version released is WampServer 3.1.0 which is released on 4 September 2017. It is developed for the Microsoft Windows Operating system. Also, It does not support Linux, Mac OS X operating system only supports the Windows operating system. It is the package of software applications. As it contains the PHP, MySQL database, and Apache2 Server. These packages combine together to make the wamp server. It is used to make web applications. The server installation is a simple and easy process. Download the file and install it by following the simple steps. It will install all of the packages of PHP, Apache, and myself. After installation, you can go to the windows installation directory you will see the wamp folder.
That folder contains the www folder C:\wamp\www. To start the webserver you need to open the http://localhost in the web browser. The wamp server icon shows in the down right corner of the desktop. right-click on the icon and configure to start and stop the apache server. This application for Windows has two different setup files. The 64bit x64 download and the latest version is 3.0.6. Also, The WampServer 32bit x86 download. It is the necessary thing to develop the web application because you need the server and it plays the local server role to develop the web application. It also allows you to access the php.ini file directly as it needs more customization for developers. For Linux, there is a LAMP server and for Mac, there is a MAMP server developed just like the WAMP server.
WampServer 3.1.9 Features
- It controls the apache server to run, stop, pause the server.
- You can set your computer online or offline by giving access to the files also.
- It has the package of software that contains the PHP, Apache, and MYSQL database.
- Also, it is easy to use and understand.
- It supports the Windows Operating systems.
- Best and accurate server for beginners especially to start work in web application development also.