FileZilla Client 3.45.1 is an open-source free FTP solution. It has both client and server FTP. It is developed by Tim Kosse and release the first version on June 22, 2001. The latest version release is on 14 August 2017 that has the enhanced features and fixes the bugs issues. As it is open source so the source code is also available if you like to work in it. You can download it from the SVN repository of FileZilla. It is written in C++ language so it is cross-platform. It is open source so has the General Public License. Also, available in multiple languages for different major countries. The FileZilla has the support platforms that include the forums, wiki, and bug, issue report. FileZilla Client 3.28.0 is the latest version released. The user manual and documentation have a much deep understanding of this and explores each and every feature.
The graphical interface is much simple and easy to understand. It has one main window and has subsections each section has some specific parts or files. The top bar is a menu bar that contains the File Menu, edit, transfer, server, bookmarks, and help menu. The credentials bar where the hostname, username, password, and the port number is written. Then the status bar where the files uploading and progress of files will show like 200 response code etc. Local file windows, and remote server site window, etc. You can save the bookmark and can use that, again and again, to directly connect to the server easily.
FileZilla Client 3.45.1 Features
- It is much simple and clean designed so easy to manage the system.
- Supports the FTP, SFTP.
- Importantly, it is cross-platform support.
- It runs on Windows 10, Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux and more.
- Also, It is multiple languages supported.
- It has sections/windows for each section to manage properly.
- First FTP that supports IPv6.
- you can create bookmarks and use them again easily.
- It also supports the drag and drop of files to upload and download.
- you can also set the upload and download speed limit.
- You can directly edit the file in FileZilla and save it in the server directly.
- Remote file search features.
- It keeps showing the live, latest files uploaded to the server.